Enough of that mopeyness! The feeling is rising on the horizon, grinning with jack-o-lantern teeth and dark little skelleton eyes - The divine beauty of fantastical fun that is HALLOWEEN!!
Ahh yes, the joyous time is nearly upon us! ALAS! I have myself a dilema!
...WHAT AM I GOING TO BE?
From last year I have a leftover Aviator, although I must dig up and discover the hat I purchased for it, as well as find the goggles that were lots of fun... Or, I have plenty of medieval goodies, however I feel that I overdo them sometimes, and am having trouble making them seem new and interesting. I have a Griffin - yes, a griffin - but it is in dire need of repairs.
My Love and I are thinking of going as 'Jack' and "Angel doll" from the Plucker Novel/illustrated book by Brom. A Fascinating set of characters - however, if that is the case, I most certainly have to get cracking! Lots of ghoulish things to do!
One thing to share, a fun halloween treat I love to make - Rice Crispie pumpkins!
1. Create rice crispe treats verbatim from the back of the box of rice crispies. BUT:
2. While the marshmallow is completely melted, THAT is when you add a combination of red and yellow dye to create a festive orange! (I would suggest a touch more yellow then red, as to prevent PINK pumpkins.)
3. Continue until the rice crispies are totally coated in orange marshmallow goodness, then take out in small clumps and roll into balls.
4. After the ball is rolled, stuck your thumb in one side, and take one of those green spearamint gummy leaves you so often find at shoprite or gasstations, and upt it in the hole you just made.
5. Situate them on the tray and enjoy!
HOpefully more fun things to follow!