Thursday, September 3, 2020

Stream Of Thought

  I sit like a gremlin.

Or someone with 'atypical sexual preferences' -?

(Its a joke somewhere. But they aren't wrong, I guess.)

I have a big heart, you know.

But it's a little blinded by the light.

I wear a pair of birds around my neck in gold and enamel and glossy paint on a purple ribbon.

People compliment it.

I told someone that it represents my loves and they asked how old my kids were and I shook my head and we laughed and while I glowed they glowered and that was that.

I dress like a man sometimes and am proud of how I look. 

But I do enjoy a frilly skirt.

Does it matter? Outside is outside. 

That oppressive force known as 'everyone else' can't help but push and pull me around, but thats what skin is for.

It keeps outside out.

And no one can touch what's inside unless I take it out to show them.

Right now, I have my palm open to feed the birds.

Feeling what you need to feel is not wrong. Sharing it shouldn't be taboo. Loving strongly isn't 'sinning' and fuck you, it hasn't been "just the internet" for twenty years. 

We are a race of words. 

My heart is a little blinded by the light, yes, but it knows where it's going. Stunned by brilliance, acceptance, compassion, imagination, and following birdsong.

So Imma keep sitting like a gremlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment