Monday, April 2, 2018

Poetry Month

Hey all you loyal followers of the intrepid Oru!

I would have posted this yesterday, but I didn't want you guys to think I was joking! But, since this IS the day of my birth, as w well as a beautiful spring morning, I will announce this months activity!

April is POETRY MONTH! AND since I missed yesterday I shall be granting you 2 poems to enjoy!

April 1st
**Fool's Gold**
A shining day
A gleaming sun and pale blue sky
An Easter Egg day in pastel.
Early and brilliant
Rise and shine like early birds
Worship what you will and how,
And if you are lucky:
It's more fun than this poem.

April 2nd
**Device**
I've contemplated my device
A thousand things to do on it,
Not one real face or voice,
All filtered through the screen.
I've received the best wishes
And the congratulations
And I've read and reread the jokes,
The political opinions, rants
Spiritual epitaphs for inspiration.
I like to peruse the arts,
The fictions and the factoids,
I see thousands of smiling faces,
And hundreds more sad eyes.
And if only
If only
Only
Wonder if those sad eyes
Could be made happy
By seeing a smiling face in person,
Close enough to be a screen
But in such greater, glorious, flawed
High definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment