Monday, March 1, 2021

Wistful

wist·​ful | \ ˈwist-fəl  \

Definition of wistful

1full of yearning or desire tinged with melancholyalso inspiring such yearningwistful memoir
2musingly sad PENSIVEwistful glance


I think I am more of a realist than I would have thought. 

I see a picture of beautiful landscape hundreds of miles away, and my brain goes: "That's beautiful. Its a shame you'll never get to see it in person. I mean just think about it; when would you be able to afford a trip to Germany? Pfft the plane ticket alone is more than one whole paycheck, don't be ridiculous."

I mean, brain is right, obviously. I do feel jipped by all those oh-so inspiring movies snd books and sayings: "you can do anything!" Or "nothing is impossible!"

Maybe if I didn't mind being homeless. Without a car. Or my dogs. 

Lol like people telling you to do what you love, then looking down their noses at it, full of concern; "how will you live off of that? Do you have a backup plan?" Liars. Ha.

Full of yearning or desire,  tinged with melancholy. I wistfully peer at pictures of far-away places and know I'll never get there.

Le Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment