Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Too busy for...

Many things, unfortunately. It's that time in my life when things start to fizzle faster and faster, the stove is on high and the pan just started popping. I'm a bacon slice baby, and I'm frying up quickly.

Whatever that means.

But I have less time. Less time then in High school, where a snow day would warrant random excursions to a neighbor's house to build snow creatures. Less time to stay on the phone with a friend for an hour having an actual talk. Less time to play that game thats been sitting over my Xbox for months. Less time to read the stack of borrowed books I was lent weeks ago. Less time to FINISH the one book I HAD started reading.

I have less time to my own thoughts and more time taken away to drive to work, work, do chores, clean, ache, and get angry. Less time to sleep. Less time to snuggle.

I have less time to just stop. Stop everything and look up, admiring the clouds and how the ptterns across the blue of the sky resemble rabbits, or oceanscapes, or dragons or wolves or birds or flowers. Less time to wait until the sun goes down and watch the many hundred shooting stars that bless me and mine with their magical glimmers of hope. Less time to make wishes. And less time to make wishes come true.

So you know what? I should make time.

....Is it too late for another New Years Resolution?

Oru

No comments:

Post a Comment