Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Favorite Things about the Holidays - By Oru.

1.) Getting gag gifts for friends and watching them open them. (Normal gifts are fun to give too. I love the looks on their faces when it's something they actually want. Or at least enjoy.)

2.) The decorations. It must be something with my childhood, because I feel like a house decorated with candles, garland and all that fun stuff just makes a house warmer. Or maybe it's that inside squishy warm feeling that I like. Either way, there's something classy about white lights outside a house and garland draped over banisters. Fun stuff.

3.) The goofy Christmas Movies that have heartwarming endings. (I'm a girl. I'm sorry, I just like happy endings. And no movies have happier - if cheesier - endings then Christmas movies.)

4.) How nice people can be during the holidays. I'm not talking about those crazy shoppers that start riots over a pair of sneakers (did you hear about that? INSANITY.) I'm talking about that gas station attendant that smiles at you and offers you a free cup of coffee because you're sneezing and sniffling and freezing. Or those guests that leave tiny presents for the housekeepers when they check out. Or those guests that wish you happy holidays with a real actual smile. Or those clients/customers/whatever that will come in just to say hi and drop off baked goods and give you hugs. GOOD PEOPLE should show themselves more often. Really.

5.) The Food. Obviously. All the fantastic food that is made and eaten on the holidays is FANTASTIC I LOVE IT SO MUCH I FEEL FAT AFTERWARD. Best thing ever.

6.) Family gatherings. Game playing, movie watching, present opening, laughing, and finally peace.

Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays. All that fun stuff!

-Oru

No comments:

Post a Comment