Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year

I did not make a resolution last year.

It's unfortunate, I know, but admittedly, I was a bit the worse for wear, and probably would have broken it on purpose to be spiteful. And, not to be negative, but I feel that 2010 has not started positively for me. Oh it was great up until about 3 in the morning. Then the slow decline blossomed through my devoted prayer to the porcelin God, climaxed at a bit of a tiff with the one I love, and ended with nausea and exhaustion.

From there, I had $20 stolen right out of my wallet at work, severe muscle pain, and one of those sour, persistant depressions that is nearly a herculean feat to get rid of.

But That was my little portion of self-depreciation for you to enjoy. Enough of that. I know none of you surfers out there actually read this, which I guess, is why I bothered to post it to begin with. But for those of you who do, on occasion, read my little posts here, I've got some good news.

When I think about the crappy beginnings of a New Year, I remember one bit of Theatrical Lore: When the entire cast falls appart, and their Dress Rehearsal before opening night is a complete and utter disaster - it means that the first show will blow everyone away with it's grandeur. The lines will be spot on, the queues will be hitchless, and everyone will remember in what order they bow. So, with this in mind, I will positively view that New Years Eve stint of nastiness, and the following few days, as the Dress Rehearsal. Practicing for the year ahead. And Since this week is technically the first week of the New Year, I have concluded that thought the dress rehearsal was absolute shit, the Show itself is going to be fantastic.

So remember. If your New Years was crappy, cheer up. You've got a lot of time to make it amazing. And a note of worth on the opposite: If your new years was amazing (As it should have been) Have no fear. There is no reverse Lore in the Theater for a wonderful Dress Rehearsal. That just means that you're ready to go, and enjoy the show!

Oh and as for my new Resolution: I have a few. To make up for previous years without.

1.) Attempt to become Fiscally Responsible! (Don't we all?)
2.) Update more frequently!
and on the same lines...
3.) Create a regimen of writing that I can sustain despite my busy schedule!


Here Here for Positive Thinking!

Oru

No comments:

Post a Comment