Friday, February 4, 2011

Immeasurable

There are so many rare and beautiful things in the world. Flora, expressions, experiences, objects, ideas, scenes, moments, microcosms of time...

These may be the ramblings of an over-tired mind, but I have a beautiful life. i truly do! Regardless of the illusory pit I have dug myself with money that was never really physical to begin with, over the purchase of an immaterial thing such as education.... I am in a rare state.

I have love, I have happiness, I have my health, my home, my family and friends. I could go on, but I am honestly not in the mood to talk all rainbows and butterflies and crap. Which is funny, because I actually am in a pretty good mood. Maybe it is because I am delerious with sleep deprivation - for such a good reason.

I love telling stories. I love it. I love roping players into my mind and letting them loose on the terrifying wonders that lay there hidden. I love watching their expressions when they meet new and bold imaginary faces, and when they fight horrible foes and triumph. I love throwing a wrench into their plans, spicing it up with dversity, stirring in a touch of humanity in the stew of sword and sorcery.

Yes, I said sword and sorcery. But let me make one thing perfectly clear, all right? YES I am a total nerd. I role play with my friends while drinking mountain dew and eating chips and candy bars. I made up my own world, continents, capitols, rivers, cities, peoples, cultures, myths, religions, politics..... I even draw my own damn maps.

But I am NOT a number crunching, power-grinding idiot that tallies up experience and dishes them out to make the uber master character of doom. I like to think of myself as far more creative than that.

I do it for the story. That's it.

Annnnnd, I think my rant is over now. remind me later to tell you about a man named Alaric Kaine.

Oru

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. But a few things. Money was only physical for a short time in his career before becoming a bad idea. Also, I am a total nerd too. I draw my own damn maps as well.

    ReplyDelete