Thursday, April 15, 2010

Venting

Do you know what I freakin love? I love the weather outside. I love this flippin sunshine, and the springy breezes and the GREEN everywhere. I love being able to drive with my windows down and my music up. OH and did I say how much I LOVE the smell of this time of year? I don't know what it is chemically, but all I know is that the fragrance of fresh cannot be beat. The smell of the earth being turned, the grass wet with dew, the smell of summer pools being opened and seasoned for swimming. The smell of beef being grilled over an open flame, or watermellon slices, dripping drop after drop of heavenly nectar of sweet fruitiness....

Sometimes I just go outside and this big goofy grin spreads across my face and for a few seconds - sometimes even a minute - I don't even know what to do with myself. I want to run around like a kid again, climb a telephone pole, vault onto the nearest overhang and clamor up onto the roof-tops to join the chorus of the exhalted spring!

Quite thrilling really.

Go outside and take a deep breath. (Hopefully not near anything obviously distasteful. Take a few paces away from the dumpster, for example.) And once clear of those man-made things that may be stinky - take a nice deep inhale of everything you have been too busy to enjoy. Let it feather-touch all the way down to your fingertips and up the back of your neck, and feel the nice, balmy cool of it behind your eyes. Then smile.

Why the hell not? It's a beautiful day.

Oru

1 comment:

  1. The weather is tied with the #1 reason I am so excited to move to California. This Spring is getting me so pumped!

    ReplyDelete