Sunday, April 18, 2010

What, Exactly?

It's kind of funny. I think this blog started out as a place for me to jot down random thoughts, insights, etc... Trying to be as impersonal but relative as I can. Trying to be ambiguous and non-identity specific. I think the earlier entries pull it off. I'm sure I barely gave any indication of my sex, let alone age, location, educational background, etc... I wanted it to be androgynous and therefore relative to as many people as possible. I would try not to be pretentious or presumptuous (though I'm sure I slipped up more then once.)

Now though, I can't really remember the original purpose of this place. I love it, use it and read it all the time. I'm not even thinking about closing it or thinning out my entries - if anything, I'd rather throw in more and more. But I feel as if I have lost a definite purpose. I supose I could chalk it up to "My Thoughts and Insights" or perhaps "Random Stuff" or even something else that I can't think of right at the moment.

It's funny, just as I was finishing up that last sentence, I thought of the title to this blog. Kind of obvious, when you think of it. It's my characterization. Things that develop, explain or even justify how I am what I am and why I do what I do.

Kudos for answering my own question.

Oru

2 comments:

  1. I think it's ok that your blog is a little more personal now. It just means there's more of a human being out there to relate to other than a mysterious otherworldly figure. I know I always like those entries more (the ones that are more emotional), but you know deep down I'm an emo chick at heart too.

    ReplyDelete